Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Manna house

I volunteered with Manna for 1 month this past summer as a summer volunteer and have decided to come back as a Program Director for a longer term.  Manna prides itself on taking a "holistic community approach" involving itself in the community through a range of programs including English classes, Child Sponsorship nutrition program, soccer and baseball teams, business development, and women's exercise.  (I'll talk much, much more about programs as I get more involved).  One of my favorite things about Manna is the living situation.  I live w/ 9 other American volunteers and our house is near the communities we work w/ enabling us to spend a good amount of time developing relationships.  Here are some pictures of my crib!!

our kitchen

possibly my absolute favorite part of the house. picture was taken from the poolhouse looking towards the main house.

 my side of the room! My roommate is a girl named Megan who recently graduated from Tech (and has definitely been reminded of who won the football game ;) duuuuuukes!)

our closet

the bathroom that Megan and I share. notice the trash can next to the toilet. that's where we put our used toilet paper. the Nicaraguan sewage system can't handle toilet paper being flushed. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I see the big guy!

January 25, 2011 at 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home